You all know how much I love healthy recipes that not only good for you, but also taste so delicious, you'll never believe they're not your typical sugar-filled dessert. Since recently I've had more time on my hands, I decided to give a try to Mimi's recipe - healthy banana bread. I loved that it doesn't require some crazy-ass ingredients and can be mastered even if you're not a chef (or anything close to that). I switched some ingredients, like almond and coconut flour, but the rest of the recipe is the same.
Here is what you'll need:
- 2 cups of oat flour (I've made my own, find out how to do this here)
- 1 ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/ 250F.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda, salt) together with a spoon.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork.
4. Mix all wet ingredients (eggs, bananas, olive oil) with a fork until smooth.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6. Add chopped walnuts and mix well together.
7. Pour the mixture into into a bread baking pan lined with parchment paper brushed with olive oil.
8. Bake for 60min or until he top is browned.
Enjoy with some honey and raising or whatever toppings you have on hand ♡
You can find more healthy recipes here.
Thanks for reading!