It's almost the middle of fall now and I'm savouring every moment! I guess, by now it's not much of a secret that I'm just obsessed with the fall season and everything associated with it! Today I thought I'd share with you what exactly makes fall so special for me:
1. Reading. With the beginning of every fall season, my reading list increases at least 2 times. I think that the overall atmosphere makes you wanna snuggle inside and read for hours. I've already finished a few books since the beginning of fall, so I might do another post with my favorite ones.
2. Coffee. Ok, first of all, there are few things that I love more than coffee! And although I'm trying to limit myself, I can't help it, and with the begging of fall my intake of coffee also increases. Btw, to make my cup of coffee healthier, I don't add processed sugar, and instead add honey and a bit of cinnamon on top.
3. Dark colors. Fall color palette is my absolute favorite! I'm obsessed with burgundy, khaki, camel, plum and all the dark colors! They just look so chic, especially in combination with different textures, like velvet.
4. Baking. And of course, I start craving sweet things, as the temperature drops lower and lower. When I have the time, I like to bake at home, normally it happens on the weekends, as I'm busy pretty much all day on the work week. Btw, if you have any favorite fall recipes, please, do share!
5. Jazz Music. All day, every day... Jazz music puts me in that special kinda mood, helps me relax and get in my zone. I like to have it in the background while I'm working, as well as when I'm just doing something around the house.
6. Candles. This is a bit of an additional point, but I still decided to include it here. I love burning scented candle in my home, so I have that light smell in the room.
7. Studying. Surprisingly, I do love to study in the fall. I guess, this season forever associates in my mind with school/college/work. I'm now taking a few courses on Skillshare and Coursera, besides classes at my uni.
8. Halloween. And last, but not least - Halloween! It's quite sad that I don't really get to celebrate it properly here in Russia, but I still like to host a mini-celebration at home with my friend every year.
What are some of your favorite things about fall?
Thanks for reading!